1. Acquisition of Personal Information
When Elecom receives Personal Information from a Principal, it expressly specifies in advance the purposes of use of such Personal Information (the ** urposes of Use *). However, when Elecom acquires any Personal Information from a Principal, if the Purposes of Use of such Personal Information are obvious, Elecom may not expressly specify the Purposes of Use of such Personal Information. In such case, Elecom uses such Personal Information only within the scope of such obvious Purposes of Use.
2. Management of Personal Information
- Elecom exerts efforts to appropriately manage the Personal Information through establishing an organization to promote protection of the Personal Information and appointing one or more person (s) in charge of management of the Personal Information.
- Elecom strictly manages the Personal Information in compliance with the related laws, regulations, guidelines and its internal rules to prevent inadvertent disclosure, tampering, loss or use for any purpose other than the Purposes of Use of the Personal Information. Elecom also provides its employees with educational activities or activities to raise awareness with respect to methods for appropriate management and handling of the Personal Information, as necessary.
- When Elecom entrusts the handling of Personal Information to any outside party in whole or in part, Elecom entrusts the handling of Personal Information to the entrusted party by limiting the disclosure of Personal Information to the minimum scope required, and also selects, based on its internal standards, an entrusted party which Elecom recognizes will appropriately handle Personal Information. Elecom also ensures that the entrusted party appropriately manages the Personal Information, through safe management and by prohibiting re-entrustment or use for any purpose other than the Purposes of Use of the Personal Information, as well as by taking other necessary measures.
- Elecom exerts efforts to improve the system for the protection of the Personal Information, including this policy and related rules, through evaluating and reviewing them regularly and on a continuous basis.
3. Use of Personal Information
Elecom will not use the Personal Information for any purpose other than the Purposes of Use, except for the cases described below.
- The relevant Principal consents to such use;
- Personal Information is disclosed in a manner in which the relevant Principal cannot be identified (such as in statistical material), or
- Such use for a purpose other than the Purposes of Use is approved by any related law, regulation, or guidelines.
4. Change in the Purposes of Use of Personal Information
If Elecom changes the Purposes of Use within a scope that may be reasonably expected by the Principals, unless otherwise provided in related laws and regulations, Elecom notifies or publicly announces the changed Purposes of Use to the Principals.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Elecom will not disclose the Personal Information to any third party, except for the cases described below.
- The relevant Principal consents to such disclosure;
- Personal Information is disclosed in a manner in which the relevant Principal cannot be identified (such as in statistical material),
- Personal Information is disclosed to an agent, a party to which Elecom entrusts any of its operations or any other similar party which is under a confidentiality obligation to Elecom (the ** ntrusted Party(ies) *), within the scope necessary to achieve the Purposes of Use;
- In the case where it is reasonably determined to be appropriate, based on the contents of an inquiry, request for provision of materials or any other request made by a Principal, that the relevant Entrusted Party reply to such inquiry or request, Personal Information is disclosed to such Entrusted Party.
- It is necessary to disclose Personal Information to financial institutions or the like for credit-card payment for purchased products, use of fee-charging services or any other similar circumstances;
- In the case where all or any part of the business entities of Elecom is/are succeeded by any other company as a result of a merger, spin-off, business transfer or any other similar transaction, Personal Information is disclosed to the successor;
- Disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to protect against risk to human life or body, or property of any person, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the relevant Principal;
- Disclosure of Personal Information is particularly necessary to enhance public health or promote fostering healthy children, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the relevant Principal;
- Elecom needs to provide cooperation with a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them in the performance of public affairs, and there is a possibility that obtaining consent from the relevant Principal would interfere with the performance of the said affairs.
6. Inquiries Concerning Personal Information
If any Principal desires to make any inquiry, change or correction, or to take any other action concerning his/her own Personal Information, please contact Elecom at the Contract Point designated below. Elecom will take necessary actions within a reasonable scope in accordance with its prescribed procedures. Elecom may take procedures to confirm that the request is actually made by the relevant Principal to prevent improper acquisition, tampering or the like of Personal Information by any third party. Please kindly understand that Elecom may not be able to accept a request if it cannot confirm that the request is made by the relevant Principal. Also, please be advised that communications with Principals are recorded and monitored at the General Information Center and the Support Center for the purpose of improving and managing the quality of responses to inquiries concerning the products and services of Elecom.
7. Handling of Comments, Requests, etc.
Elecom may use comments, requests, proposals or the like made to Elecom without any restriction, unless their Purposes of Use are otherwise restricted. Elecom, however, does not publicize or disclose to any third party any such comment, request, proposal or the like in a manner in which the relevant Principal can be identified, unless it first obtains prior consent from such Principal.
8. Compliance with Related Laws and Regulations
Elecom complies with applicable laws, regulations and its internal rules with respect to the Personal Information.
[Contact Point (only Japanese language option available)]
General Information Center Tel: 0570-084-465
Elecom Co., Ltd.